I jumped

I stood at cliff of a mountain amidst few dry and thorny shrubs. There was a river underneath, flowing in the valley. I looked up and filled my hearth with the vast stretch of the endless skies. With staggering legs, I bent a little to take off my shoes. Tired of thinking and trying to figure out the answers to eternal questions, I smiles and leaped forward a little to hear the sound of the rustling river even more clearly. When the soul felt free of desires and relent, I decided in a split second and jumped into the valley from the cliff, leaving behind my shoes and cloth. A moment of despair and then total loss of control of anything and everything around me. Few moments in the air, and then came the fnal realization - its in loosing it all that one finally finds something worth a life time of pain and anguish. As I got submersed in the river, the body floated a mile or two, before they say, a fisheman found me still alive. Now I am here, all nacked and wet. It must be a new world a new life I believe. There must be a better eve a better day to come.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sochata hun ke wo (Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan) Translation

The Indian Civilization (A Sequel)

KATHPUTALI(Hindi poem)